Ghana Revenue Authority moves to resolve delays affecting Ghana.Gov tax payments

The Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) says it is taking urgent steps to resolve intermittent technical problems affecting tax payments made through the Ghana.Gov platform.

The disruption began on Friday, 14 August 2026, and relates to payments initiated through three tax and customs administration systems: the Integrated Customs Management System (ICUMS), the Integrated Tax Administration System (ITAS) and the Ghana Integrated Tax Management and Information System (GITMIS).

In a press release issued on Thursday, 20 August 2026, the GRA said the problem was limited to the processing of payments. It stressed that taxpayers could continue filing their returns, as the technical difficulties had not affected that part of the system.

The Authority said the Ghana.Gov payment platform remained operational, but warned that some transactions might take longer than usual to complete. In certain cases, payments may also be delayed in appearing on the relevant taxpayer portals.

The issue could therefore affect the point at which a payment is confirmed or displayed, even where a transaction has already been initiated through one of the linked systems.

“GRA is working closely with relevant technical partners to restore normal payment processing,” it said, adding that technical interventions are ongoing and the matter is being treated with the highest priority.

The GRA said work was continuing to identify and address the cause of the intermittent disruptions, while technical measures were being implemented to return the payment service to normal operation.

It also gave an assurance that transactions which remain outstanding will not be lost because of the problem. “all outstanding payment transactions will be processed and duly reflected once the situation is fully normalised.”

The assurance applies to taxpayers as well as importers and clearing agents who use the affected systems to complete their payment obligations. The Authority also addressed the wider public, saying that the necessary measures were being taken to deal with transactions affected by the delays and to limit any further disruption.

Although the platform continues to operate, the GRA’s statement indicates that users may not immediately see all payments reflected on their respective portals. The Authority acknowledged the inconvenience caused by the situation and said efforts were focused on restoring normal processing as quickly as possible.

The payment difficulties have been ongoing since 14 August, with the GRA confirming the position in its statement of 20 August. It did not indicate that tax-return filing had been interrupted, maintaining that the issue concerned payment processing alone.

The Authority apologised to taxpayers, importers, clearing agents and members of the public for the disruption. It thanked stakeholders for their patience while the technical interventions continue.

The statement was issued by Eben Agyekum-Boateng of 3Business.

You may like

Yirenkyi starts as Coventry begin Premier League campaign at Arsenal

Chidimma Adetshina insists she was born in South Africa as deportation case delayed

Government orders 12-month plan to revive Adamus Resources mine

Ghana names negotiation team to lead modernisation of VALCO smelter

Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko to meet in Ghana’s 2026 Democracy Cup

Andre Ayew has the experience to shape Ghana’s football future, says Mikel

Public notice